Yes, treadmill running can be boring, but there are more fun and exciting ways to do it. Here are 5 ideas to spice up your treadmill workout:
1. Make progress: Rather than running 5 miles at the same speed, if you try to run each mile faster than the last mile, do a bit of competition. Start with warm-up miles at an easy pace, then choose a long-running pace.
Then run each mile about 10 seconds faster than the last mile.
Or, after warming up for 1 mile, pace up 1 mile per minute for 15 minutes. Then go back to the starting pace and do it again, then let it cool for 10 minutes.
2. Do your speed job: One of the fantastic benefits of running a treadmill is that you can make calls at the correct speed and distance without constantly checking your GPS watch. So exercise , such as a pyramid workout , ladder workout , you can use a treadmill time to speed operations such as or Sprint.
- Start a warm-up jog for 10 minutes.
- Increase your speed by at least 3 miles. Sprint for 30 seconds.
- Run easily for 3 minutes.
- Make each sprint 0.1 to 0.3 miles faster than the previous sprint, repeating the sprint/easy interval 8 times.
- Cool off with 5 minutes of easy jogging.
3. Practice the race pace. Are the upcoming races on your calendar? Running on a treadmill is a great opportunity to practice increasing your target competition.
After 5-10 minutes of warm-up time, half a mile recovers half a mile at race speed. Continue until 5 reps at racing speed, then cool for 5 minutes.
4. Walking stops during recovery. Here’s an easy way to strengthen your treadmill workout.
Start with a 10 minute workout, then do 2 minutes at a 10K speed. Slow down to 1.3 and rush for 1 minute on foot to recover for 1 minute. After occlusion for 1 minute, it returns at 10K speed for 2 minutes. Repeat the 10K step/rush pattern 5 more times, then let it cool for 10 minutes.
5. Follow the music. Rather than following a predetermined treadmill workout (your own or programmed workout), use the music as your guide. Listen to music that changes tempo. When the tempo is slow, run at an easy pace. When you hear the beat, speed up. Before you know it, the song will be over and you will be ready for the next song.