There are many different types of running shoes, and because of the many models, you quickly lose track of which shoes you should ultimately choose. In this article, we want to discuss this topic in more detail and, above all, explain which running shoes are best suited for training on a treadmill.
- Jogging, intensive running, and walking are sports that can be practiced by healthy people regardless of age.
- Running sports can be learned quickly and practiced in many different places.
- Parents run together with the children. Friends often come together to run.
- The enormous popularity of running is not least due to the ease of practice.
- Another advantage is that you can start exercising immediately. You only need good running shoes and comfortable clothes.
- In addition to our treadmill test, we have currently not tested any shoes that are especially suitable for treadmills. But this is still to follow.
Men’s running shoes for the treadmill
- You can get running shoes from different manufacturers.
- The individual models differ not only in design but also in functionality.
- If you mainly run on asphalt paths or in the forest or the field, you should adjust your shoes accordingly.
- This is very important for the protection of the joints. There are special shoes that are particularly suitable for training on a treadmill if you train on a treadmill.
- Since treadmills are usually cushioned, you should not use cushioned running shoes. Choose models that are designed for a soft surface.
- In general, you can also use indoor sneakers. Training on socks or barefoot is possible in principle, but not recommended. During intensive training, the foot is exposed to the same stress as when running outdoors. However, it lacks the support that suitable running shoe offers.
- If you go running or jogging both on the treadmill and outdoors, you can save the investment in two pairs if you are mainly outdoors on forest or meadow paths.
- There the ground is much softer than on hard asphalt paths, and therefore the softer shoe soles do not wear out as much.
Women’s running shoes for the treadmill
- Professionals know the division of running shoes into different categories.
- Individual factors of the runner are taken into account, but also the weight and other properties of the shoe.
- As already mentioned, the running surface is critical. It would help if you chose the shoe according to the floor you are most likely to walk on.
- If your routes often vary, it is advisable to buy a multifunctional running shoe.
A distinction is made between the following running shoes:
- Movement control shoes are characterized by a maximum weight of 450 grams and high stability. The damping is medium to high. The running shoes are suitable for beginners and for all athletes who prefer long endurance runs with low to medium running speed. The running surface can be medium to hard.
- Stabilizing shoes have a maximum weight of 400 grams and are designed for training on medium to hard surfaces. Medium damping allows a rather slow training. You can use these running shoes on a lightly cushioned wheel.
- As the name suggests, damping shoes have very high damping and are not suitable for an impeller. With these shoes, you can do quiet and long endurance runs.
- Also, choose neutral shoes with medium cushioning for slow runs on a hard to the medium surface.
- Competition shoes and barefoot shoes are particularly suitable for training on a running bike. These models are designed for fast short runs, but also endurance sports and little or no cushioning.
There are different types of running shoes; the choice of training on the treadmill is not as crucial as running outdoors.
How to find the right running shoe
- It would help if you bought running shoes in a specialty shop or order them from a specialist dealer on the Internet. Very inexpensive models from the discounters are not suitable for intensive training.
- Alternatively, you can also find excellent deals on Amazon; unless you need advice.
- You can get all types of running shoes for women, men, and children. The shoe sizes are adapted to the individual needs as well as the footbed. The running shoes are very diverse in their colour design. Your taste may decide on this point.
- Considering the weight is essential when buying running shoes. The seams should be well processed. Breathable material is necessary for intensive training. The foot must not sweat in the running shoe.
- In general, you have to dig deeper into your pocket for the right running shoe, but this also applies if you want to buy a good treadmill.
- Also, a high-quality running shoe can be used significantly longer than an inexpensive model from the discounter.
Note: If you want to buy your first running shoes, you should go to a specialist shop and try on the shoes there. Many sports shops now offer a running analysis that helps you find the right running shoes for training outdoors or on the treadmill.