After purchasing a treadmill for your home training, you should first familiarize yourself with the device to use all functions correctly and to get the best out of your practice. A training plan tailored to your needs is a good idea to stay motivated and not let the device dust in the corner.
Furthermore, you should also pay attention to the correct care. In this regard, you will find crucial model-specific information in the manual that should be observed.
The following tips are intended for the general care and use of a treadmill and are designed to help you use your device for a long, long time and enjoy it.
Before the training:
- Make sure that your treadmill is on a stable and flat surface. A damping mat is particularly recommended if you live in an apartment
- Make sure the treadmill is clean and turned on correctly
- Wear sportswear and running shoes
- Use the program that corresponds to your fitness level and training goal
- If present, wear a chest strap to measure your heart rate
- Do not do without warm-up and cool-down
- Please switch off the device correctly and disconnect it from the mains
- After each workout, clean the treadmill of sweat and liquid residues with a damp cloth. A wet cloth and a mild detergent are sufficient for this but never use solvent-based detergents.
Once a week:
- Check the lubrication of the treadmill. If the lubrication is insufficient, this must be done immediately, and you should also reduce the control interval. Please also note that the lubrication must also be checked if a foldable treadmill has been stored in the folded state for a more extended period.
- Check the belt run or the running of the running belt. If this tends to one of the sides, then it must be readjusted. You can find out exactly how to do this in the corresponding section of the operating instructions.
Once a month:
- Clean the engine compartment. As a rule, you can open it by loosening a few screws. To do this, switch off the treadmill and disconnect it from the power supply. After opening the cover, you can dedust the engine compartment. However, do not use cleaning agents or compressed air for this.
- Tighten screws and nuts to guarantee the maximum safety of your treadmill.
Of course, the maintenance and especially the maintenance intervals depend heavily on the intensity of use. With frequent and intensive use, these can, therefore, also be correspondingly shorter. However, if the treadmill is to be stored for a long time, you should pay for all the essential points for restarting. It can also be recommended to cover the treadmill with a sheet when not in use to protect it from dust.
If you follow all the tips and manufacturer’s instructions, you will be able to use your treadmill for a long time. Enjoy the training!