The home elliptical vs. gym elliptical
In the image above, you can see all the muscles involved when training with the elliptical.
The elliptical is worth buying to do this workout every day for more results if you don’t have the option to go to the gym.
You can buy home ellipticals at affordable prices that are less bulky than what you see in the gym.
Fees range from 150 euros to 700 euros for a super-equipped elliptical trainer with a training app, different training programs, tablet holder.
The elliptical trainers from Sportstech, Diadora, Ultrasport, and Klarfit have excellent value for money.
No. of Programs
Good reasons to train with the elliptical
- The elliptical makes you lose weight: This gym machine, when used correctly with a heart rate monitor, allows you to burn fat and lose weight. Using the elliptical seems more comfortable and more fun than a treadmill, but it stimulates several muscles simultaneously. This feature allows you to achieve faster results, especially for women who want to lose weight and tone the lower part. After a year of elliptical exercising about 3-4 times a week for 30-50 minutes, I had a compact, cellulite-free, and thin butt. Combined with some front squats, back squats, and pistol squats, you get a terrifying ass in a year. To lose one kg per month, you would need to burn about 7000 calories, then train with the elliptical every day at least 20 minutes at high intensity.
- Total body workout with the elliptical: The elliptical allows you to work 80% of your muscles simultaneously. Push the pedals to work your thighs, glutes, and calves and tone your shoulders, arms, and pecs as you move the knobs. A perfect total body workout for those who do not like to do too heavy full-body workouts, such as an insanity workout, but at the same time want to tone all the muscles of the body. The elliptical allows you to maintain a correct position so as not to make incorrect movements with the back, forcing you to keep your abs contracted.
- Choose the elliptical if you have joint problems: Athletes often use the elliptical to recover after an injury because the elliptical movement allows you to simulate running but not putting stress on the joints. The weight is evenly distributed on both legs, and there is no risk of injury, muscle strain, or knee problems.
- Happier with the elliptical: It may seem strange that the elliptical can make you happy, but it does. The cardio movement releases endorphins, famous for being the hormones of happiness. You will feel less stressed and joyful. Perfect for those who tend to break down easily and often feel a little depressed and drained. Try the elliptical every day, a real cure-all.
Six tricks to get more results with the elliptical
You probably go to a gym and use the elliptical now and then without a real strategy and technique to get more results. Here are six tricks we have compiled for you to lose weight, tone up, and speed up your metabolism:
- 60-75% of your heart limit: The display of the elliptical will probably show the fat you are burning, but if you are not maintaining 60-75% of your heart rate, you will not burn calories. If you don’t follow this rule, you will burn sugar and not fat. Arm yourself with a heart rate monitor for a strategic elliptical training aimed at achieving concrete results. Many tend not to care about this, but it is essential to achieve goals with cardio exercise.
- Foot position: If you want to get more results on your muscles by training with the elliptical, try to push with the entire sole. Many make the mistake of going only with their fingers by lifting their heels.
- Interval Workout: To achieve more results, set up an interval workout on the elliptical. This will allow you to burn more calories even after training. The ideal would be to follow a tabata-type workout on the elliptical: 20 seconds of fast pedaling and 10 seconds of slow pedaling eight times (total of 4 minutes). Between Tabata and tabata, pedal for two minutes at low intensity. The results of the interval training are outstanding!
- Use the elliptical resistance: You’ve probably never thought about raising the resistance level, but you should. The higher the opposition, the more you will tone your muscles and burn calories. It doesn’t matter if you are forced to pedal slower: it is worth it to tone thighs and buttocks.
- Prefer elliptical trainers in front of a mirror and not TV: Looking in the mirror allows you to keep in better shape during training. It is very important to stay focused during training, much more than on the treadmill. If you get bored, watching TV is fine too. Training should never be a burden. You can also read with a Kindle, easier than a book while riding the elliptical.
- Activate the arms: Avoid using your arms only to cling. Push with your arms if you want to have more results with the elliptical. The arms must make an active movement, not by inertia. Concentrate!
Did you like our article on how to get benefits with the elliptical? Here are other articles that may interest you:
What is the elliptical?
The gym bike with movable handlebars is called ELLIPTICAL. The elliptical is a cardio training machine usually found in the gym, but you can also buy it for training at home.
Benefits of the elliptical
The elliptical benefits are many because it is a tool that allows you to do a total body workout, a complete workout for the body without compromising shape and joints. In particular, with this gym equipment, you can:
- Pedal standing up
- Move similar to climbing steps like a stepper.
- Simulate a bit of the motion of a rower
- It has the same effects as running but does not strain the joints.
- Helps vascularization
- Quieter than the treadmill
- In one hour of training, you burn 450-830 calories. It depends on the intensity.